bon voyage

yes, i'm taking a trip...not a trip across the world. just across the mountains. i'm taking a somewhat spontaneous trip to vancouver. i have a friend from church who is going to visit a girlfriend and me? well i'm partly along for the ride and partly along to visit my grandparents and partly along to visit the small abundance of friends that i have out there. it is, in fact, where i first learned out to play (i don't know if you could refer to what i was doing as "play") rugby so many years ago. so i'm going to go for a week. kurtis and i are leaving red deer at a wonderful 9pm at NIGHT and we're driving. i am so pumped for the drive. i have not driven out at night since i travelled with the U of L men's team (as their physio) in 2001. That was a sweet trip too. it's somewhat spontaneous because as of this time yesterday i was probably just going to spend my week of holidays bumming around home and maybe my parents' place. i hope that it will be restful and i'll get some good time away.

one of the other things that i have been mildly humored by in the last few days (since my birthday) has been the amount of people that have wished me a good birthday ON THEIR BLOG. not that i've been offended at all...i just find it, like i said, mildly humorous. all these people (and there's been about 8 people that have done it) are donating a post or at the very least a part of a post to me...quite flattering, i guess, but they're assuming that i, courtney armstrong, visits their blog...or something (which, obviously, i do). i think i'm really making more of this than need be but to kind of put a cherry on it...i got 2 phone calls on my birthday to wish me a happy birthday and telus mobility was one of those two calls (actually it was a text message). i guess birthday wishes are evolving...they used to be cards (i got 1 cake and 1 card in the mail for my birthday...thanks mom)...which always came late anyways, then they turned into phonecalls, then e-cards (cuz they're what...more convenient?), and now...in 2007 they've evolved a step further...birthday updates...on other people's blogs....or comments on mine.

anyways, thanks to everyone who took the time, in whatever shape or form, to send birthday wishes and the appropriate greetings on and around the time of my supposed birth. (i just threw in "supposed" - just cuz my life could be one giant conspiracy...just kidding)

peace out -
cort

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:27 PM

    there's like eight comments on your blog most of them are wishing you happy birthday...and when we do it on our blogs its telling the whole world (or at least the pople that read our blogs) that we think your cool enough to have your birthday mentioned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. easy there...

    i was just humoured by it. sorry if i offended.

    cort

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey cortney thanks for commenting on my blog about the bubble and such..you didnt give me any suggestions for what to do but I guess I know what you think through telephone calls and a prievious comment.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy traveling my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts