somewhere between here and there


that's where i've been...you know, the place where you're between good and okay and doing alright...

[ the space inbetween ]

summer camp is now over - i can't believe that it's gone. we now have fall rental groups coming in and out and there's just a happy hum of business around here...sometimes the hum becomes a loud crazy noise that you can't shut out but it's been good.

[ the leaves are yellow and orange ]
[ falling. falling. falling ]

this summer started out a little more hectic then I would have liked. i struggled a lot with the words that someone said in departure...i knew what the truth was but lies have a way of threading their way through your life. it was a long journey back from those lies to find a place where God's truth was the only thing that could be heard in my head.

[ cold breathy air.geese migrating ]
[ winter is coming ]


as the summer has come to a close i've taken on a new job. well - not new. i've done it before so it's not new. it's like - renewed. kinda like a promotion without the 'pro'. my job just got bigger and i got an assistant. i have an assistant (i have 3 in the summer...but this one is full-time). i like the sound of that in my head. there are points where i like to remind myself that important people get assistants. however - i think if my assistant heard me say that she'd probably throw her remote controlled land rover at my head. which causes me to wonder if she's actually mine...

[ peace ]
[ obedience ]


God's been speaking to me a lot lately...which is normal...but when things have gotten crazy and i just don't know how i am still doing this crazy job and running like mad - all He's asked me to be is obedient. that's my job...my job isn't to run here and do this and go here and do that...care for this person or that person...it's just to be obedient. which may require me to go here or do this or that, care for this person or that person...but my job isn't to manage all of it on my own. it's just to be obedient and to persue Him. there's peace in that, peace in that simplicity.

[ good at chaos ]
[ lousy at controlling the chaos ]


so here's to peace in simplicity and the process of learning that trying to control chaos only creates madness. and then there's the wonderful part that my only job is to love God and be obedient to him.


[ amen to that ]

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:04 PM

    Keep searching and seeking after God, he knows your heart and mind. peace comes from Him

    When we are present in each moment, the past gently rolls up behind us and the future slowly unravels before us.
    Rev Richard Levy

    It isn't enough to talk about peace, one must believe it.
    And it isn't enough to to believe in it, one must work for it.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts