it's christmas season again


well, after three days of -40 to -48 temperatures i think i'm about ready for jamaica right now. sick! i hate cold weather. doors freeze open or shut because the grease is frozen and cars won't even start well when plugged in for 12 hours. oh summer...please come back soon!
this last sunday was the day that i was giving the message in church and it went awesome. not everything went as planned though. first of all i had no heat in my car driving to my mom's. it was about an hours drive and by the time i got to my mom's my feet hurt so bad i couldn't even walk on them. SICK! needless to say my mom fretted and i drove their truck out to church the next morning. i had a powerpoint pres. to go with the message with pictures and scripture on it and the projector that they ALWAYS have at the church on sundays wasn't there because i guess it belongs to one of the businesses in the community and they just didn't bring it because they had a guest speaker. ergh.
and i had totally rewritten my message the day before because i felt a great unease with what i was going to say. anywho - needless to say it went really well and i got lots of compliments about how good it was and how i spoke as well as my mom which was kinda surprising to hear.
this week has been kinda a mess in that camp's getting ready for a huge community appreciation banquet and with the cold temperatures i have not been able to run basketball tryouts because school's been cancelled for three days. CRAP! have i mentioned how much i hate cold weather. ugh!
once next week starts i will be a much happier camper.
peace out
cort

Comments

  1. Cort! Looky looky who I found lol!
    But yah I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate you being worried about me and I know you want the best for me. So future reference you can talk behind my back only if its good! And I like Your blogs! We should probably like go for lunch or something one day, I think that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I know all about changing talks right before, projectors not working, and the such. I feel your pain. But I'm glad everything went well in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:48 AM

    maybe you should move to manitoba where it's a balmy -20.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts