face time

coffee lids are funny things. we (or maybe just me...i drink a lot of coffee) spend a lot of time drinking coffee. I don't think much of the cups that I'm drinking out of except when the lid sucks or has fun little gimmicks like...there's a place in sundre that has a little slidey thing to keep the opening closed so that the coffee doesn't slop out. i suppose it's trying to be a more convenient version of starbucks stick-hole-plug-green-stick things that really, actually changed my life...or maybe just kept my seat cleaner when i was running tray fulls of coffee to my friends at red robins on inventory mondays.

and then there's lids like tim hortons...really - tim, we need to have a talk. i think by this time you've made enough money to have your coffee lids and cups redesigned.

newsflash...they suck. and i'm not the only one who thinks that.

they always leak from the seam...we're constantly having to "double cup" them...if you would just make recycled cup huggies (like thermal diapers for coffee cups), canada would kill a fraction of the trees! and your lids...seriously - they seldom ever open how they're intended to open. i'm going to be sending you my tickets when alberta starts the distracted driver law in a few months because I can't get my freaking cup lid open on my tim's.

and here's the part where i'm a bad canadian. i don't actually love tim's coffee. actually - it's third or fourth place on my list of places to go for a coffee. tim's coffee tastes like somebody scraped the bottom of the coffee pot and then poured it into your cup. seriously - yuk.

my number one choice for quick coffee is mcdonalds. yes - mickey-Ds. what can i say - it really does taste better. and really...with lids like you see below...why WOULDN'T you want to drink their coffee...it's like you get to make out with someone every time you get a coffee there. awesome.


peace out and have a great coffee - regardless of the face time that you're getting.

.:bear:.



Comments

  1. It does look like a face, YOU ARE RIGHT. However, my wild fear of all things red-and-yellow prevents me from visiting McDonalds. Goooooo, Oilers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous4:58 PM

    travel mug?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts