All black for England

It's shoddy I think that England has all black strip. When have they ever been in black strip?!? I think it's crap - about as much crap as the All Blacks playing in silver in 2007 against France. You can bet that New Zealand will be looking for retribution in a couple of weeks.

The tournament opened as expected with a strong first game from New Zealand against Tonga. I think the result was predicted by all but that didn't make it any less exciting. Isreal Dagg in his first World Cup scores two tries and his counterpart, Richard Kahui also scored twice with Ma'a Nonu bringing another try into the count. I have to say that I was a bit skeptical about Kahui on the wing but hello - he did fabulous. And Dagg certainly didn't take his start over Muliaina for granted. He played brilliantly. I also don't know how I would have felt about SBW and Nonu in the centres. Conrad Smith really deserves to have started the World Cup in his own position but I think Graham Henry is looking for every opportunity to find his winning 15. I was quite happy with the back row's performance and hopefully Keiren Reid will be back from injury soon. I have to give a shout out to Tony Woodcock. Sometimes you don't know what you have until it's gone but Ben Franks - though he's a bruiser - is no match for the scrumming king, Woodcock.

My last comment about the game is the huge cheer when Sonny Bill Williams got his jersey changed. Hillarious - and it also shows how tight and really - there's no hiding in those jerseys as he had to have the water boy have him help him pull it down. Fantastic.

I think that Argentina was shorted a bit in their game. Either the ball just didn't bounce their direction or their injuries were too much. One thing is for sure - Jonny Wilkinson almost single handedly lost this game for England missing what, FIVE shots for goal? Nasty. That's a huge swing from 8 years ago being a man who single-handedly beat France and then won the entire tourney from his boot. Not now and in an indoor arena - there's just no blaming anyone except the kicker himself.

Hopefully the Puma (Arg.) can recover from some of it's injuries so they have a chance at the quarter finals. I'll check back in tomorrow after South Africa and Wales square off.

Comments

Popular Posts