Remember then - Remember always

I remember September 11, 2001. I remember where I was vividly. Bottom floor of the Students Union building at the University of Lethbridge setting up for the IVCF Booksale. We heard it on the radio first and then jimmy-rigged an old television to watch the news.

The booksale didn't really run that day. There was mostly just a gathering of students around the TV. I skipped my first class and in my second the professor just continued to show the footage.

In my third class of the day - my professor asked if anybody would pray for the people in New York City.

The day was a blur. It was surreal. I watch the footage of it today and the memorial services and it still felt surreal. I don't know anybody that died there. I don't know anybody even connected with it. I don't think you need to know any to feel your heart hurt for the madness that can be our world.

So today I pray for those who survived. That they would have peace on this anniversary. That they would be able to see their lives now and praise God for his protection. I pray for the families of those who lost loved ones that horrible day and the days following. I pray that God's peace that is beyond our understanding would overwhelm them and they would know His love.

I don't think I'll forget that day. I will always remember.

Comments

Popular Posts