M2 - Will Reagan

I know. I know.

I've been MIA - which wouldn't be the first time. I've been pretty good about being consistent however, this last month has been completely nutty. The last five weeks have been full of the camp getting turned on its head, a "always happens to other people" incident, my grandmother passing away, and April being one of my busier times of year. So...let's just say I've been re-ordering the things that had to be done. And unfortunately posting was unable to claw its way above Priority #10.

But I'm back...mostly. So, like anything this last month - I'm just going to go easy and say that during this time of sorting through chaos...I'm taking it one post at a time. Currently I'm on my second venti cup of 1/2 sweet, soy Caramel Machiato. In other words - I'm getting a lot done right now and some of it might not make sense.

Music...let's talk music. I could talk about Coldplay right now because I'm off to see them in Edmonton tomorrow but I'll leave that for the conversation we'll have about the concert. Right now - I want to talk about another group that is breathing life into Christian music for me. I found out about them through Noise Trade. I think sometimes I am slow as molasses because apparently Noise Trade has been around for a long time and I just never clued in...kind of like Pinterest. I just catch things on their second win. So just call me the Second Win Queen - always catching up with the trends once they've gone cold. The great thing about Noise Trade is that you can get music for "free" (by donation to the artists). Most of the downloads are samplers or EPs but it's completely legal. Awesome. Just make sure you donate and don't be a complete free-loader.

Will Reagan. Ya! He's great. I don't think I've ever posted anything to do with worship music mostly because it's a dime a dozen. Honestly - I don't even know what the point of buying worship albums are. Most of the time it's the same songs just being done over and over again. Much like contemporary Christian music - seldom do worship albums surprise me. But this guy...Will Reagan. Surprised the be-jeebers out of me. I heard his music and completely stopped doing whatever I was doing to listen. It's acoustic rock (are you surprised?) and it's awesome. I don't know much of his history - truth be told, I don't think there's much to be told. Here's his myspace site and here's a couple of my favourite songs. If you like - buy a couple of his albums. My suggestions are "In the Night Season" and "Live at the Banks House" which are both done with a group called United Pursuit.

Lockstep:


Climb:

I hope you enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts