time flies


i guess what brings me to this post is that i'm going to be speaking in church for the first time in my life. AHHH! it's not like i'm delivering a sermon or anything that would be crazy but a church that supported me on my mission to jamaica is having a mission sunday and i'm going into to speak about my mission experience last february and where i'm currently working.

i suppose it's not a big deal and i'm very very accustomed to make a fool of myself infront of kids all the time but kids are a heck of a lot easier to address than adults. you actually have to make sense. gah! i'm sort of freaked out but i'll get over it pretty quick. i'll probably send through a round of dum dum diddy to get my nerves calmed down and i'll get on with life. i'm making a power point of some of the pictures i took when i was out there. surprise surprise, the majority of them were of kids. TJ (the one shown) was probably one of the kids that had the greatest impact on me. He showed up to the dental clinic everyday and just hung around me. I wished i could have taken him home. so beautiful.

there's a team going back to st. ann's bay this next february. i would love to go but $2500 just seems so impossible to raise by then and i definitely don't have the funds to do it myself. but that's for God and whether He wants this for me at this time in my life. i guess we'll see.

anywho, if y'all can pray for me as i prepare what i'm going to say in a few weeks. i really have some crazy things that i could say that i learnt when i was in jamaica and i am really struggling between what i would like to say and what God would say through me. i'm just trying to seek His heart and be obedient.

peace out.
::: cort :::

Comments

  1. Anonymous4:44 PM

    Hey Cort!
    It's really neat seeing this other side of you...it puts you in a whole new light.
    I want you to know that despite the fact that I find it "awkward" sometimes to talk to you, I really look up to you. You are an amazing example of a Christ follower and I admire you. I do hope to be able to get over my awkwardness and talk to you more...it's something I have to work on...not you.
    Anyways, I'm praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sending some prayers up for you. you will do fantastic no matter what!
    much love and happy days
    cheers to today

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts