this is me trying to be a woman of my word.



two posts in one week. i hope that that gets me back in your good graces. here's some pics of my high school girls. we lost our first game on wednesday. on one hand it's too bad...i would have really, really liked to have beaten Lindsay Thurber (only the 2 or 3 largest high school in Alberta...) but for me it was totally selfish. i really just wanted to beat norm. who is the head coach of the other team. ugh! oh well - they're not even in the same league as us. we just play them to get games. we've beat the teams that we've needed to beat. and it's good for my girls to get beaten. let's them know that they can be beaten. teaches them how crappy it is to play like crap and lose. cuz in two weeks - we can't afford the same kind of game otherwise we don't get to go to provincials.


oh - and for those of you with the abilities or proximity ... i have a game on May 26th (this coming saturday) in red deer at the Titans clubhouse (on hwy 2A from penhold to red deer just off of mackenzie road) at 1:45pm. it would be cool to see you there.


we had our first thunderstorm yesterday...and hail. it was great.

peace out

cort

Comments

  1. Hey now! Mr. McDougall (Norm) was my grade 10 english teacher! Why would you want to beat Thurber just to beat him? Sheesh...I thought I knew you. And then you went and posted something like that. I'm sorely disappointed. And I have Steph hostage. So there!

    I do have to say though, it's really really great to hear from you again! Later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh blackbird...

    norm just acts like he created the game...however - i did overhear him telling his girls that i was a very, very good rugby player. i guess i have to be sort of nice. but in our league...thurber is like the all blacks. they are the team (whether they're good or not) that everybody just wants to beat...regardless of what subject the coach teaches.

    how are the puppies?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts