Everything just gets put on hold sometimes...

Like my life when it snows around here. I absolutely hate…hate it. I just don’t understand why it has to snow. And I’ve discovered that I’ve moved from just “wanting” it to stop being winter around here to…NEEDING it to START being spring. Is that just too unreasonable to ask? Don’t you remember the saying…April showers bring May flowers? I feel like at this rate – we’re still going to be shovelling snow in May.

The other thing that gets put on hold? My [ The Clean Slate ]. Because apparently my life has gone into a fatal spin and I’m sitting in the cock-pit of my life with my feet braced on the dashboard, both hands on the stick pulling up as hard as I can and yelling "PULL UP, PULL UP!). The good news is that the sound of crashing has gone from that really high pitched scream that planes do when they’re flying straight down to a more level sound. Now I just have to figure out how to get back on track…figure out what needs to be done and how to get it done in time.

Something that HAS been in holding patterns for the last year and a half...U2. U2 is finally becoming real to me. Hurrah! I have been waiting way, WAY too long for this concert. The good news is that The Fray is opening for them. The bad news (I know, how could there be bad news)…my sister-in-law can no longer go. Now, now – before y’all get on the horn to ask me for the ticket…it’s been offered to someone already so just wait for a bit. It’s not guaranteed gone.

Last thing…I got to atleast update the scores for this last weekend of rugby. And some notables: The Reds, while in South Africa raised $16,450 for Oxfam between auctioning off their jerseys and donating the money and buying goats (the goats were donated back) 421 goats were purchased by the club. Pretty fantastic stuff I think.

Here’s the tally and some side comments:

Chiefs (17) vs. Crusaders (34) – Daniel Carter was out again. Berquist…I’m not a fan. His chemistry with SBW is not there. However – SBW needs to start showing up. Dan, as by his last few games has shown himself NOT to be invincible. SBW needs to learn to cope. Other good news – Richie McCaw was back playing. Not 80 minutes but a solid 35. Expect 80 out of him this next weekend. Other good news – Mils Muliaina was back for the Chiefs…still missing: Stephen Donald “Duck”….still sucking: Poor Mike “Can’t get it right” Delany. And I do have to say this...I don't like Corey "Meathead" Flynn. I just call him Meathead. But Owen Franks who has been a wrecking machine out there, flattening Lambie from the Bulls last week and another flanker dude from the Chiefs this week. Meathead (who is on the Crusaders) helped the injured dude into the recovery position. It was a great moment of sportsmanship. Well done Meathead, well done.


Rebels (18) vs. Highlanders (40) – Not much to say here. Other than poor Colin Slade with his second broken jaw in 6 months. Sucky deal. That could very well put him out of contention for Daniel Carter’s understudy for the All Blacks.

Blues (31) vs. Waratahs (17) – Not even a bonus point for the ‘Tahs. Pitty for them. Phil Waugh and Palu will be back for the game against the Reds next week but the Reds are pretty hot right now with wins against the Stormers and the Blues. The Blues look smashing great. They could be contenders before all is said and done. And with Slade out – McCallister – with how great he’s been playing…he could be making some serious allegations about who will be back Dan Carter.

Reds (39) vs. Bulls (30) – poor Bulls…not even a bonus point to show for it. Morne steyn and Pierre Spiess played like crap. Both of them getting dumbied out of the way by Quaid Cooper at one point. But I still think that Spiess is hot…that will get you selected for a Southy team…right?

Lions (19) vs. Stormers (33) – Because that wasn’t predictable…right?

Cheetahs (47) vs. Hurricanes (50) – When this game started…I said the words…The Hurricanes will lose if they think they have this game in the pocket. Which I believe was the case up until Jeremy Thrush ran it down the sideline to score in the 79th minute of play. I don’t think there was more than 10 points between these two teams at any point. And truly – I thought the Cheetahs were going to walk away with it.

Brumbies (19) vs. The Western Force (27) – NO bonus point for you! If you think that the Brumbies have a chance to pull it together…Pull yourself into reality. They couldn’t play themselves out of a box with a labelled exit sign. And AAC didn’t even start. He played 30 minutes! I don’t care if you think that he’s been off…play the man who has represented his country countless times and probably has a small army of sport psychologist walking him through this drought.

Well – this next week should be a good one and there’s some fantastic games coming at you so please stay tuned…because I won’t forget you again…

Comments

  1. You have much more snow than we do... Who knew Manitoba had good spring weather? It's to make up for the crappy January and February icebox. May the sun find you soon, and the spring staff bring you energy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts