Amanda

Well - I think it's been a good week. I say "I think" simply because there were moments when I couldn't get my mind off of work and yet I refused to go in. Just because you don't physically show up at work doesn't mean that things aren't grinding away in your brain. I did resist doing much of anything that didn't include hanging out with my friend Amanda. It was hard to really figure out where to take her that was interesting or "pretty"...this isn't Alberta's best time of year. So we spent one day in Banff, a day doing nothing, a day in Drumheller, and a day eating turkey. We also went shopping with my sister and found me a sweet dress for a wedding. All in all - a pretty eventful week. Here's some highlights...

It's been years since Amanda and spent more than two days with each other.

It took quite a bit of convincing to get Amanda to agree to go to the Tyrrell Museum (which, did you know, is actually pronouced "Tyr" as in tear - the thing which happens when you cry, and "rell"...not ty-rell. I was corrected by an employee of the museum and it's announced that way over the intercoms when you're there - who knew?). When I was listing all the things we could do the Tyrrell Museum came up as an option. I explained that dinosaurs are cool and if she had never seen a dinosaur in person - then she should really experience it. Amanda was a hard sell. It took the greater part of the week to convince her that seeing the dinosaurs would be awesome. And it was (of course I was right). I think sometimes we Albertans who grew up with the dinosaurs forget how awesome they arm. How God could create such strange and magnificent creatures brings me back to feeling small and childlike because understanding them is just beyond me.

Needless to say - Amanda loved them and loved the Badlands in general. The hoodoos were quite popular with her too. I'll post more pictures soon.

Comments

Popular Posts