m2 - Adele

again...not monday.

today is all about Adele

mostly because she just released her new single and i had to sh
are it because it makes me oh so happy. i first heard of adele on so you think you can dance. it's where i first(ish) heard of florence and the machine (also props to michael for that one) and where i fell more in love with the postal service. mia michaels and sonja tyre always have amazing music selections for their equally amazing dance pieces.

the song that caught my attention...just as much as the dance did but i had to find out who adele was. and thus began the journey of loving her music. She popish but not quite, folk but not really, slightly bluesy, soulful and altogether wonderful. love her to bits.



adele's first album was 19 which included songs like Chasing Pavements which was of course played on Grey's and Make You Feel My Love which of course is a Bob Dylan cover. Hometown Glory was nominated in its debut year for song of the year but lost out to Beyonce's Halo. Halo...really people? Anyways...her next album is due out in February...and it's called 21...I think it's probably safe to assume that if 19 had 19 songs on it...21 will probably have 21. but here's the single that she released...please enjoy:

Adele - Rolling in the Deep


.:bear:.

Comments

  1. 1) I love the Joshua and Katee combo, I wish I could see more of them.
    2) I've been waiting for her new album for WAY too long now. Sophomore albums always worry me though, for some reason the second album is just not as good as the first. But after listening to that single, I'm even more excited now.
    3) I had no idea Make You Feel My Love was a cover
    4) Thanks for the small mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yas! yas, yas! - i always wanted to know if Joshua and Katee started dating after the show was done. maybe i just always think that because dance can be so intimate...i don't know how you can be dance partners like they were and not get emotionally involved...

    it all sounds so scandalous.

    and i meant for you to be a linked mention. i have remedied now. you have been linked.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That routine has been and will ever be one of my favorite SYTYCD routines. Mia Michaels is phenomenal.
    Also, thank you for posting the routine because I kept trying to find it but I couldn't and I wanted to know the song! You're expanding my musical horizons and I quite enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts