reflections of things porcelain

i write this in recovery mode. i had the flu starting on monday at 10:37pm. the active part of the fluness concluded around 3:30pm yesterday. but it made its mark every 2 hours on the dot regardless of what was going into the system. i have never quite understood why the body insists on purging itself EVEN WHEN there is nothing going into it. i would understand rejecting food based on illness...but to reject even the lack of substance for the sake of what...reminding its victim that it still has the flu? i feel like that's completely unreasonable.

i also have a high appreciation for clean toilets. regardless of being sick, it's my most often cleaned room...for obvious reasons. but i don't think i have ever really reaped the rewards for my diligence - not up until i'm face to face with my toilet reflecting on the fact that my persistence to cleaning has its benefits.

i do consider myself lucky. i don't often get sick and usually when i do, i'm only sick for about a day. no matter what, i always get to a point where i wonder if i will ever be well again. maybe it's my family's tendency to be doom-sayers or maybe i am just a really crappy sick-person. i just found myself very appreciative of my health when i woke up this morning after sleeping the entire night without any unnecessary visits to the washroom.

so there you go...something i suppose you really didn't expect when you went to visit me today. but i'm nothing if not unpredictable some days. i hope you have a happy, unpukey day. see you on the flipside. oh and because of the occasion and i missed music monday. here's moby's porcelain for your viewing and auditory pleasure...



.:bear:.

Comments

  1. We all must kneel at some time or another before the sacred porcelain throne, although I - like you - also prefer to pay my homage with offerings of Lysol instead of UpChuck.
    I'm sorry to hear you were sick... but you made me smile.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts