Adele 21

I waited until today to post the M2 edition for this week. I did it because the new Adele album was released today.


I probably have mentioned this before when I featured her on M2 in the past. But she's a little pop, a little jazzy, a little bluesy. And it's the latter that I think really captures me. I have been noticing recently as I scroll through my ipod that the songs that are ending up getting played the most are like the Civil Wars' Barton Hollow, Ray LaMontagne's Repo Man, or Ben Harper's stuff off of his album Diamonds in the Rough. Maybe that will have to be one of my next Mondays.

I love the soul, the brass, the old feel to Adele's material on this album. I love Don't You Remember and I'll Be Waiting, One and Only, Romour Has It...fine - it's all good...but that's super vague - all of her songs make you feel like you're in a smokey bar in the late 60s and she's singing into one of those chunky metal microphones that's the size of your fist. Maybe I'm wrong...but that's what I get.

Set Fire to the Rain is the popish sounding song of the album...that and Rolling In The Deep. But I still love them. Adele is easily my favourite female musician. And my So You Think You Can Dance selection to be used this next season would be Someone Like You or Take It All and I think Mia Michaels will use it...it could be Rolling In The Deep but I think it's too popular now and Mia Michaels likes piano songs.

So official recommendations...Get 21 today. You won't regret it.
peace out,
.:bear:.

Comments

  1. i've been dancing to 'rumour has it' all morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's most wonderful. i'm sure the cd will be on repeat for the next month...that is until william fitzsimmons album comes out late in march.

    ReplyDelete
  3. note to self... add to list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think my favorite so far is "Someone Like You" but it's hard to choose because the entire CD is so good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts