M2 - eastmountainsouth

I do have to first make one announcement...U2 is in 93 days...That's 3 months baby!

And then onto the intended content for today's M2 post...eastmountainsouth:
It's been awhile since I posted on a musician or group. And I have wanted to post about these guys for a while now. They're awesome-possum. Beautiful harmonies and rhythms. One of the reasons how I found out about these guys is because the dude in the group is Peter Bradley Adams (PBA)...and I like a bunch of his solo stuff. So when Eastmountainsouth came up on LastFM...I thought to myself, 'Self? Who is this? Why does the dude sound so familiar?'. My questions were answered pretty quickly.

Their music, [coincidently enough...featured on Grey's Anatomy] has been on plenty of TV Shows/Movies: One Tree Hill, Elizabethtown, Lucky 7, and Dawson's Creek (that's right Ker
ry, Dawson's Creek). The album featured above was produced in 2003 and sadly will be Eastmountainsouth's only album unless PBA and Kat Maslich-Bode decide to partner up again. Apparently PBA and Kat decided that they would do better on solo projects.

So they aren't new but their music was beautiful but as some say, all good things must come to an end...and some sooner than others. I recommend checking out this album...some of my favourites are...

Ghost
You Dance
So you are to me
On Your Way
Father
Show me the River...
Grey's Anatomy

And here's Hard Times....for your listening pleasure:


Comments

  1. mmm... i love eastmountainsouth verr much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts