ima big kid

as kerry put it, i did a "very grown up thing" this past sunday.

i bought myself a bed. a real bed...a mattress set from a mattress store...for a lot of money.

let's just say that it's a 10 year investment...one that i hope improves the condition of my back. in any case - it's guaranteed to be better than the mattress set that i have been sleeping on that was manufactured in 1979. what is it that they say? you're supposed to replace your bed every 10 years? hmmm, i'm a little behind on that one. maybe my back will forgive me for years of abuse at the hands of a crappy-over-used-and-clearly-past-its-due-date mattress and just decide to be all top-shelf again.

it's arriving next week...which is an excrutiating amount of time when you suddenly realize the vast difference between what you're sleeping on now and what you will be sleeping on in 5 days. it's driving me nuts.

obviously the financial pinch hasn't hit me quite yet as i found myself googling flights to warm places today. $299 round trip flights to jamaica. please somebody slap me. I just invested, how do you say it, a lot of money in a bed. like i can really afford to fly to jamaica right now. but ima big kid now and a new bed is better than a 7 day trip to warm sunny beaches, beautiful people, and time away from winter...right?

can you tell that i'm neck deep in winter hate right now? i don't even really care that the snow is melting because it's +3 degrees outside. there's still snow everywhere and i still have to check the road reports before departing anywhere significant, wear pants instead of shorts, shoes instead of flippy flops, and multiple layers.

i hate reality. well...i hate it sometimes...like right now when it's so much better just to sit and imagine myself driving through ferngully or orchabess...the markets in ochi rios or venturing through the runaway caves. nice to dream, eh? yeah, that's what i'll be doing starting next tuesday...dreaming happily on my mattress of sunny jamaica.

peace out
.:bear:.

Comments

Popular Posts