Gold in the Shadow

It's taken me a bit but I'm finally going to write about it. I've been listening to this album by William Fitzsimmons for a week now and I'm so in love. Before I get on to business though...I'd just like to direct you here. It might just be WF's news page that lists all his concert dates...and well - I'd like to announce that I'm part of the "SOLD OUT" at the Streaming Cafe in Kelowna on May 14th.

I am going to see William Fitzsimmons!! And it's not going to be huge...it's going to be intimate. Just me and him and his beard (and Becca M) and maybe about 200 other people. But me and him and his beard.

The album is not like his other albums in that it's...happy. Not that his other albums were not but they dealt with some pretty heavy material (the last two dealt with his parents' divorce and his divorce respectively) and consequently the music was beautiful but not really the 'get up and go' kind of music. Now - this isn't an album that you're going to go on a run to but there's an aire of hope in the lyrics and something happy. He writes about finding love and seeing beautiful without necessarily losing it.



He's got a little of his electronica stuff - not much, just a little bit in the background. It's super sweet. You can hear it a little in this one:



It's soft and lovely. And I'm looking so forward to May 14th. I just can't believe that I will get to see WF and U2 within two weeks of each other. So fantastic.

Comments

  1. you make me laugh. me and him and his beard. haha. also, i'm super jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes - me and him and his beard. it's a serious piece of face furniture - definitely counts as an extra person.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:46 PM

    just saying he would never make it in my line of work..aka the chance of getting it caught, incinerated, and dont even get me started about the problems summer would cause him...2 words OVER heating...
    its a good thing he sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts