Out with the old x2

This more or less has nothing to do with the other blog post I made with this same title. This has to with my trusty old clunker of a laptop finally giving up the ghost (does anybody know the origin of that saying?) two days ago. It's been threatening for some time now...

the mouse pad not working (or the little funny red mouse thing that is situated in the middle of the letter keys)...

the computer just randomly shutting off while I'm working on it.

the screen not working.

disappearing cursors - but the computer isn't frozen.

The best part about all of this is that I've been a super irresponsible person and have never backed up my computer files...not my music...not anything - well - I guess I've transferred my music to my work computer so they're sort of backed up but it's not really the same. The hope is that I can get my computer to turn on one more time before I never require its services again. I just hope that I've been good enough to it these last years that it will do this one thing for me.

I'm super proud of myself thus far. I haven't started freaking out or panicking yet. Realistically, I've got more money than I'd like to admit in music on that darned laptop...talk about carrying around all your eggs in one basket.

Have I mentioned that I also bought an external hard driver when I got the new laptop? Apparently I've learned my lesson.

Now to just learn the placement of these stupid keys on this laptop...And it needs a name. Needless to say - wish me luck.

Comments

Popular Posts