Super Saturdays...bad Bear

Yeah - I've been a bad Bear these last few weeks. I haven't even updated the score (well - technically I have...I just didn't update the round number). Basically life just gets going really busy - I've just been focusing on trying to continue to update the blog instead of doing what I've always done and forgotten about it. I feel at the very least...I'm not just thinking to myself about how I should blog about something but then I actually am. Follow through people...that's what it is about.

Well - I totally meant to write about the goings on in rugby last weekend because there were some very SIGNIFICANT goings on. Like the Waratahs - last week they were lea
ding the Australian conference...and THEY LOST TO THE CHEETAHS! Yes - the Cheetahs...the very worst of the worst. If I knew hockey at all - I'd make some comparison like...it'd be like the Oilers beating Vancouver (Vancouver's good, right?). I'm talking completely ridiculous. There should be no way that the Tahs should ever lost and that the Cheetahs should ever be able to darken the door of victory...with anybody. The announcers (who are my favourites from Aussie) even said as much...and a couple of times near the 20 minute mark of the game when the Tahs had failed to scored and the Cheetahs had a few scores under their belt. Hoop dreams...Not a hope. Well - those hoop dreams became a reality. Not only did the Cheetahs beat the Waratahs...not only did they get a bonus point (more than 3 tries scored) but the Tahs didn't even score a try! Final score was something like 42-3. Pathetic. And yet, on the flip side of that coin is this Cinderella story of impossible victory. I like impossible victories.

Last week also held the epic match between Ireland and England. Everyth
ing inside of me just cheers against England even though they have some better players this year than previous. On premise - I can't cheer for Jonny Wilkinson - simply because he's the one that is always trying to take the record of Most Points ever scored from Dan Carter. Of course - this is completely unrealistic because Jonny is on his way out and Dan is still going strong. Toby Flood is obviously the first choice for England now. Ireland won - which didn`t mean much other than England just didn`t get their Grand Slam of the Six Nations Cup. I`m happy with that outcome. England looks solid but I would be very surprised come September if they`re any kind of contender for the top four spots. But with some of the sketchy playing in the SuperXV - I just hope I`m not wrong.

Oh - and good for Scotland for not totally sucking it. Thanks boys for beating Italy. We needed something to remind us that we`re not the worst.


I guess the only other news that is `worth` repeating is that my b
eloved Hurricanes are sucking just about as bad as the Cheetahs - except minus the spectacular pull-it-out-of-no-where win. THEY LOST TO THE REBELS! They went 3 tries up within 16 minutes of the game starting...I was like, here`s my boys. It only took them 5 weeks to show up but atleast they showed up. Yeah - well - by half time it was 20-20. The final scored ended up being 42-25 for the Rebels. Give me a break. I am speechless. What is going on with the world.

Comments

Popular Posts