Juicy and Dirty

What's up?!?


Well - we made it through our first week here at the camp. The days were nice and the evenings were full of pouring rain and thunder. I really don't mind it that way. We got a full camp this next week so I'm hoping that we get some good weather.


The other reason that I would like some nice weather is so that I can get out on my new ride. I'm pretty stoked about it. It's been a long time since I've spent any amount of time on a bike but I've been feeling like it's about time that I got me some wheels that were more recreation based than motor based.


I had to get some help though - bikes are dif
ferent than they used to be. It's not all gears and such anymore. It's brakes and suspension. I don't think that I could ever just walk into bike shop and figure out what to buy. The last bike I owned was a Specialized Hard Rock with no suspension that had seen one too many trips down the big hill at Evergreen in hopes of impressing a boy (and it worked...but it wasn't me impressing the boy - it was my sister).


So - on a day out with E, we stopped by Cal's Cycle. A shop basically in the middle of nowhere (in between Linden and Three Hills) where the majority of my staff get their bikes and spend their days. I was not really
knowing what to expect other than I kept mixing up the name with Kaltire and having a hard time figuring out what a premium bike short would be doing east of Linden. Well - whatever my expectations were - they were completely blown out of the water. It was pretty amazing but not something I can easily explain. You'll just have to go there yourself.


I also confirmed that I'm pretty much a girl when it comes to buying things like bikes. I asked a lot of questions to E and looked around at bikes that were in my price range...which - when it comes to buying a bike - is pretty hard to keep reasonable. I decided while I was there that I didn't just want a bike to putz around on - that I wanted a bike that I could learn on and hopefully, someday - actually be able to do stuff on at the camp. I have been inspired by E's passion for biking and really believe that we can go places as a camp. But - I don't want to be clueless either. Back to the girly part of me...I asked a few questions and wandered a bit - and then saw this guy. It had trees on it. I'm really realizing that I'm a tree person. I love trees. And it's got a squirrel on it. Pretty much perfect for Koda.


E started talking about Juicy something or other...apparently those are really good breaks. And the forks were sweet...Forks are the non-nubee name for suspension. The bike is used but in really good condition and I got it for a steal of a deal. So I'm pretty much a happy kid. And then I got a sweet helmet to match (bern watts).


And...I'm still pretty much convinced I'm going to do a header off the bike like I used to when I was a kid. Atleast it will be a good story when I do. That's all for now...

Peace out kids
[ bear ]

Comments

Popular Posts