M2 - Foo Fighters

 I don't think it would be fair to me or you if I kept going along without talking about my two other concert experiences this year. I realize that the year isn't done yet but I have no plans to go to anymore concerts unless someone were to drop more Foo Fighters tickets (and airline tickets) in my lap.

On a brief aside. I went to Pearl Jam in September. In retrospect, I was definitely looking more forward to PJ than Foo Fighters...Sitting here now - I was just being dumb. I think it had a lot to do with the fact that I really didn't get into their newest album, Wasting Light. My sister-in-law asked me if I would go with her and I agreed - mostly because I just wanted to go to a concert with her (U2 was supposed to be with her). She sent me the album and I listened to it. I mean - they're a great band. David Grohl is well...#1 - He's hot (and yes, that's very important) and #2 - He's hot. Really - does the fact that he's a stellar musician have anything to do with this...maybe just a little.

Pearl Jam was solid not stellar, just solid. I'm pretty sure that Eddie Vedder went back stage about 50 times to drink and smoke. So let's just say there were a lot of solos. He also sang like 3 REM songs because REM had just announced that they were breaking up. I was a little "whatever" about the whole experience.

My sis-in-law went to the E-town show and was on the floor. David Grohl basically spat on her.
The Foo Fighters was a completely different experience. AMAZING!! They played a solid three or so of their best songs from each album. And David Grohl is HOT! And Taylor Hawkins on drums was just unbelievable to watch. The concert was entertaining - the stage set up was sweet. Basically - U2's concert was mind-blowing and I didn't have much of one left after this one either. I would absolutely, hands down go see these guys again. It was a phenomenal show and they played for three hours. So basically that's a show-breaker for me. Great bands play for 3 hours. Deal done. U2 was a 12 out of 10 for awesome/amazing...Foo was like 11.95 out of 10.
I think what made the concert so great was David Grohl's pillow talk. He's so funny as a human being - his joking around and talking in between songs was hilarious and engaging. The language was - well, he's a rockstar. But enough talk...here's the setlist:
  1. (Pink Floyd cover)
  2. Encore:
  3. (Dave Grohl solo acoustic)
  4. (Dave Grohl solo acoustic)
  5. (Dave Grohl solo acoustic into full band)
 So - basically...Between William Fitzsimmons, U2, and Foo Fighters...my Year of the Concert has been an overwhelming success.

Awesome.

Comments

Popular Posts