Friends OFF!


Google Friends Connect, that is.

Hey - I feel as though this is a giant scandal of sorts...but it really isn't. If you're an avid blog follower (admittedly I definitely am) then you probably are "following" a number of blogs through Google Friends. I've had my head under the sand apparently because it was all news to me this last week when several of the blogs that I follow started talking about Google changing everything including the “Followers” widget that appears in the sidebar. This isn't a life-ending thing for me because most of you who read/follow my blog haven't used it (shame on you)...even though I can see where you're coming from (check the clustrmap!).

All this to say that some time around the beginning of March – Google will shut down Google Followers. So...I'm jumping on the “Linky Followers” band wagon. It's super easy and like most things – it's FREE! The nice part of it is that I actually found when I signed up there was a directory for blogs with the ability to search on themes. Because...that's exactly what I need...more blogs to follow.

So this is the plan (I like plans...they always help me be more efficient and productive...that's the happy, task-oriented side coming out)...

Step 1: Sign up for Linky Followers and follow [ the clean slate ] and maybe if you're really excited about following me...you can follow [ instigate change ] which is my other blog about team building activities, facilitation, and growing in life.

Step 2: Comment! I used to get so many comments (they are a form of affirmation)...and then I made the "mistake" of posting a lot on rugby...which gain me lots of visits from Europe and the Southern Hemi (and I love you so much!) - but I still really like when people talk to me here. Anyone out there? Hello? Houston?

Until next time...and hopefully soon...

Comments

Popular Posts