Oh Wanda...


Hey – I normally don't “main-page” Wanda's quotes but this was funny to me...today, on a day that on the surface it seemed like every other day of mine. Writing emails and stealing a couple quick glances on Pinterest and trying to make my office make sense before I exit it for almost three weeks...but if you scratch beneath the surface of those things that make up a normal winter day in my office...there's a reeling and borderline overwhelmed brain trying to cope with how much has to get done between work and Jamaica and the simple fact that WORK won't be even a shadow of itself when I return...I could have a new boss by the time I get back! That's madness folks, madness. And that's the momentum-sinking feeling that resonates with me about Wanda's quote of the day. Regardless of it getting an award for bad fiction, I get it...today, of all days, I get it.

"Delores breezed along the surface of her life like a flat stone forever
skipping along smooth water, rippling reality sporadically but oblivious
to it consistently, until she finally lost momentum, sank, and due to an
overdose of flouride as a child which caused her to suffer from chronic
apathy, doomed herself to lie forever on the floor of her life as useless
as an appendix and as lonely as a five-hundred pound barbell in a
steroid-free fitness center."
-- Winning sentence, 1990 Bulwer-Lytton bad fiction contest.

Comments

Popular Posts